On Instagram, “CFS” stands for “Close Friends Story.” It refers to a feature on the platform that allows users to create a private list of followers with whom they can share exclusive content. When a user shares a story using the “Close Friends” option, it is only visible to the individuals on their “Close Friends List” and not to their entire follower base.
The “CFS” feature enables users to share more personal and intimate moments, behind-the-scenes content, or any other posts they prefer to keep exclusive. By using “CFS,” users can strengthen their connections with a select group of followers, fostering a sense of exclusivity and building a closer community within their social circle on Instagram.
How To Create CFS On Instagram?
Creating a “CFS” (Close Friends Story) on Instagram is a straightforward process that allows you to share exclusive content with a select group of followers. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create a “CFS” on Instagram:
- Open Instagram and Access Your Profile: Launch the Instagram app on your mobile device and log in to your account. Once you’re logged in, tap on your profile picture or your profile icon in the bottom right corner to access your profile page.
- Access the “Close Friends List”: On your profile page, tap the three horizontal lines (hamburger menu) in the top right corner. From the menu that appears, select “Close Friends List.”
- Add Followers to Your “Close Friends” List: In the “Close Friends List” section, you’ll see a list of your followers. To add followers to your “Close Friends” list, tap on the “Add” button next to their username. You can search for specific followers using the search bar to find and add them to your list.
- Confirm Your Selection: After selecting the followers you want to include in your “Close Friends” list, tap on the “Done” button. Instagram will confirm your choices and add the selected users to your “Close Friends List.”
- Create a New Story: Now that your “Close Friends List” is ready, go back to your Instagram home feed and tap on your profile picture or the “+” icon in the top left corner to create a new story.
- Customize Your Story: Capture or select the content you want to share with your “Close Friends.” You can take a photo or video, upload media from your gallery, or add text, stickers, and other creative elements to your story.
- Share Your Story with “Close Friends”: After customizing your story, tap on the “Send To” button at the bottom of the screen. You’ll see a list of options, including “Your Story” and “Close Friends.” Select “Close Friends” to share the story exclusively with the users on your “Close Friends List.”
- Post Your Story: Once you’ve chosen “Close Friends,” tap on the “Send” button, and your story will be shared only with the selected group of followers.
- View “Close Friends Stories”: If any of the users on your “Close Friends List” have shared stories with you, you can view them by tapping on the green ring around their profile picture in the Stories section.
- Manage Your “Close Friends” List: You can add or remove followers from your “Close Friends List” at any time by going back to the “Close Friends List” section in your profile settings.
Creating a “CFS” allows you to share more personal and exclusive content with a specific group of followers, deepening your connections and fostering a sense of community on Instagram. Remember to use this feature responsibly and respect the privacy of the users on your “Close Friends List.”
The Evolution of Instagram Stories
Instagram Stories, a popular feature on the platform, has undergone a significant evolution since its introduction. Launched in August 2016, Instagram Stories revolutionized how users share and consume content on the platform. Let’s explore the key milestones in the evolution of Instagram Stories:
- Introduction of Stories: In August 2016, Instagram introduced Stories, allowing users to share photos and videos that disappear after 24 hours. This feature was inspired by Snapchat’s ephemeral content model and aimed to encourage more frequent and authentic sharing.
- Boomerang and Face Filters: In October 2016, Instagram added Boomerang, a feature that creates looping videos, and face filters, which overlay fun and interactive filters on users’ faces. These additions enhanced the creativity and engagement of Instagram Stories.
- Stories Archive and Highlights: In December 2017, Instagram introduced Stories Archive, automatically saving users’ stories after they expired. Additionally, users gained the ability to create Story Highlights, allowing them to curate and showcase their favorite stories on their profiles permanently.
- IGTV Integration: In June 2018, Instagram integrated IGTV (Instagram’s long-form video platform) into Stories, enabling users to share previews of their IGTV videos. This integration aimed to promote IGTV content and increase its visibility.
- Poll Stickers and Interactive Features: In October 2017, Instagram added interactive features such as Poll Stickers, Questions Stickers, and Quiz Stickers. These features allowed users to engage with their audience and gather real-time feedback, making Instagram Stories even more interactive.
- Music Stickers and GIFs: In June 2018, Instagram introduced Music Stickers, enabling users to add music clips to their Stories. Additionally, the platform partnered with GIPHY to provide a library of GIFs, allowing users to add animated elements to their content.
- Close Friends: In November 2018, Instagram introduced the “Close Friends” feature, allowing users to create a private list of followers with whom they could share exclusive Stories. This feature fostered a sense of intimacy and privacy in content sharing.
- Shopping on Stories: In June 2018, Instagram rolled out Shopping on Stories, enabling businesses to tag products in their Stories, making it easier for users to shop directly from the platform.
- Layout, Superzoom, and Stop-Motion: Instagram continued to add creative tools to Stories, including Layout (collage creation), Superzoom (dramatic zooming effect), and Stop-Motion (frame-by-frame animation), providing users with more ways to express themselves.
- Story Camera Redesign: In December 2019, Instagram redesigned the Story camera, making it easier to access and use various creative features and filters.
- Stories Challenges and Templates: Instagram introduced Stories Challenges and Templates, encouraging users to participate in viral challenges and share content with a unified theme.
- Reels Integration: In August 2020, Instagram integrated Reels (short-form video feature) into the Stories camera, allowing users to create and share Reels directly from their Stories.